Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Digital archives... of my heart

I was recently going through some old bags of things and I found my old phone! It was a piece of crap Motorola Krzr (apparently they hate vowels) that I loathed with a burning passion, but it brought back a lot of old memories. Also, I found a lot of awesome old photos, videos and text messages on there. In the interest of sentimentality, I would like to post some of these delightful reminders of bygone years here.

On April 15th, Shiva texted me and said "Hey man thhok about pottery for picking 8p womens"
Thanks for the tips on the ladies, Shiva. You're such a player.

On April 24th, Felipe texted me with "You were single at a wedding? For shame."
Then he followed it up with "You're lame for your singledom."
And a minute later: "I am too. So ronrey."
I kind of hate and feel bad for him all at once, which is some seriously weird internal conflict! Who would have thought that text messages from a year ago would test the limits of my emotional maturity?!

On May 7th, I got a text from Andy that simply said "Love me..."
That's saaaad.

I also found an outrageous video on my phone that captures a conversation that Shiva had with Katie, Elizabeth, and myself. Sadly, I'm unable to transfer the video so I'll just need to transcribe the dialogue (which is the funny party anyways). The video kind of cuts in during the middle of a conversation, so in the background you just hear somebody mumble the word "crisis" and then this happens:

Katie: Well you stuck your fingers in his mouth, so that--
Shiva: Well, it's not a crisis...
Me: You said it was an eternal crisis!
Shiva: No, no. That's not what it was. It was like 'Why did I do that?'
Katie: Because you enjoyed it.
Elizabeth: To enjoy some sexual finger sucking.

I just want to point out that in the video, Shiva may or may not have been having an eternal crisis about sucking the fingers of a man. The gender was very clear.



Here's a picture of Felipe and Wenri dancing in Shiva's basement with their pants off. I clearly remember this was the point in the evening that I decided to say take my leave. Shiva, Felipe and Wenri all CLAIM that nothing happened that night, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

And this is a photo that I actually really, truly love. I took this in Nantucket during the Fourth of July weekend in 2008. It's the oldest windmill in North America, or something insane like that. But essentially, I'm just really impressed with the crappy camera on my Krzr phone.

Pshhh... Krzr. Wht stpd nm. Enjy plz k thnx.


3 comments:

polipop! said...

I heard Shiva thinks Felipe's finger tastes like Taco Bell's fire sauce...someone else who has also tasted Felipe agrees. Wow, Felipe's been around (hungry men).

Writer said...

I was with you when you bought that Krzr.

You were really happy. "I love this phone more than I ever loved any of my ex-girlfriends." You said.

Connor said...

Lol! I remember that, Shoa. And, just like with my ex-girlfriends, I slowly grew to resent it over time until I callously cast it aside...