Thursday, November 12, 2009

Connor's Visit to Charlottesville

So my friend Bobby went as me for Halloween.  Part of the act included excessive chatter about UVa (go 'hoos!) and demands that everyone in the room do shots.  At first I thought he was portraying nothing more than a selective and sad caricature of myself.  But today I realized just how accurate his little bit was.

Last night, Shiva and I went out to some of my favorite watering holes in Charlottesville.  And at every one of them, we ended up doing a shot at my behest.  Stopping Shiva mid-conversation, I would simply interrupt with, "shot?", and flap my huge doe eyes until he obliged.  Bobby was right.  I love my liquor.

I also chewed out Shiva for his failing to visit UVa's gorgeous main grounds often enough, rejecting his ridiculous excuses that it's several miles from the law school and he never has class there.  I then proceeded to buy a UVa sweatshirt from Mincer's, which I realized may have been the highlight of my entire trip to Charlottesville.  It's a fantastic sweatshirt.  I was pleased with how long its sleeves are-- it's hard to find one that fits my lanky woman arms without drowning my petite body.  But the main reason I literally jumped for joy on the sidewalk by the Corner after trying it on is that I just love this school.  I was so happy to have its name temporarily tatooed across my chest.  Well, most of it, anyway-- "ersity of" is all that managed to fit on my scrawny little boy pecs.

Good job Bobby.

Disclaimer: This post was actually written by Shiva. And of course, he has betrayed me.