Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Precious P!nk problem... potentially

I went to see the Ting Tings and P!nk in concert on Monday at the Patriot Center. What did you do on Monday night? Probably nothing. You probably sat on your couch and looked at your TV and then commented "How come there's nothing good on TV on Mondays? Maybe I should just watch the new Two and a Half Men. Sighhhh." Meanwhile, I was watching the gay couple in the row behind me get drunk, dance wildly, and eventually fall halfway down the bleachers.

But this blog entry is dealing with a specific issue that occurred Monday night, and I'm not sure how to handle it. You see, Pink came on to me. In front of the entire stadium! It was so public and embarrassing and I'm not sure how she expects me to react! Pink was on stage with her dancers, singing to the entire crowd. I was enjoying the show and fun acrobatics, when things took a turn for the surreal. Quite abruptly, she turned to my side of the stadium and pointed.

Right. At.Me.

It was unmistakable. Everyone around me gasped and turned to look. I was flush with confusion. "Don't you have a boyfriend?!" I screamed down at her.

"I guess I just lost my boyfriend," she hollered back at me. Her gaze unwavering. "I don't know where he went!"

"Well, then maybe you shouldn't be looking for a new relationship so quickly," I called out. "These things take time and they can be both emotionally and financially complicated!"

"I'm gonna spend my money!" she immediately shot back, her brow furrowed in frustration at my resistance. "I'm not gonna pay his rent!"

I was, of course, sympathetic towards her. "Well, no! You shouldn't be expected to pay his rent! You need to separate yourself from a toxic atmosphere."

"I got a brand new attitude," Pink insisted to me. She was pleading, really. "And I'm gonna wear it tonight!"

"Look," I tried explaining to her. "The connection between us is pretty obvious. I mean, the entire stadium can see the spark." Everyone in the Patriot Center nodded in agreement. "But the timing just seems off. Won't your boyfriend get angry if we start dating right away?"

"I'm gonna get in trouble," she agreed with me. But after a long pause, she seemed to have made up her mind. "I... I want to start a fight!"

"Oh, Pink! My precocious Pink! That's sweet of you (in a strangely violent way), but I'm just a small-town boy and you're a big city girl! A celebrity!"

"So what?!" she screamed at me, stung by my rejection and fighting back the tears. "I'm still a rock star!"

So I guess we left things on confused note. I'm not sure how to proceed. Do I call her? Should I wait for her to call me?! Are we technically dating now, or are we still just friends? I don't want to take things to the next level with her and lose our friendship, which I value so much. Maybe I should wait a few days and then send her a long email. Gosh, rock stars are so moody and complicated. I need a nap.

3 comments:

shiva said...

watch out, man. she can be so mean when she wants to be. she's capable of really anything. she can cut you into pieces, when her heart is broken.

hey by the way i learned today that rule 1 of successful blogging is responding to each and every one of your commenters.

Connor said...

Here's a personal response: nobody likes you. They just pretend to.

shiva said...

you don't know who i am!! this is a pseudonym!!1