Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chicago: A city of murder, crime, intrigue, and piers




Guess what? This is Navy Pier. It's kind of a Chicago landmark. You might not know that if you haven't been to Chicago. I have. Many times. Are you jealous? Probably. I would be... that is, if I hadn't already been to Chicago. Many times. Loser.

Let me tell you a story about this photo. It was a warm September afternoon, and the sun smiled brightly on our beautiful faces. We're beautiful people, btw. You probably see us all the time on Perez Hilton or in the tabloids. Suzie and I had just finished donating blood to underprivileged orphans, and we were strolling along the pier eating ice cream from Haagen-Dazs.

Suddenly, a purse snatcher went tearing through the crowds (having just recently snatched a purse, obvi). Being good citizens, Suzie and I commandeered a vehicle and pursued him with due haste. An epic high speed chase commenced, which culminated in the thief's grisly death in a wood chipper. (Just between you and me, btw, it was no accident. Suzie pushed him in there.)

We celebrated this gruesome bloody massacre among the throngs of cheering "lesser people" by taking a picture of the Navy Pier sign and guzzling the last of our cookies and cream milkshakes. The end. The moral of the story? Don't steal purses, or else Suzie will brutally murder you.

No comments: