Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pressure cooker

I'm here with Suzie and tonight I will be meeting all her friends. In fact, her friend Rita is here right now. The pressure is on to be funny and delightful. But I'm worried that the anxiety has gotten to me and I'll crack. I mean, look at this blog post! It's not even clever. Maybe things will turn out ok and the next post will be "How Connor Got His Groove Back."

What do I do with this "Rita" person? Should I fake hit on her? What if she takes it the wrong way?! What if she takes it REALLY the wrong way and flirts back?! Then I need to tell Suzie that her friend Rita is trying to get in my pants. Damn my symmetrical features and attractive personality!! It is a blessing AND a curse. Or should I be kind of stand-offish and let them open up to me?

No! Go big or go home. I'm going to solve this the way that I should have long ago: heavy drinking. Nothing helps bonding like intoxication. Let's just hope that nobody judges me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to chug a Zima while the ladies are in the other room...

No comments: