Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crisis averted

The second preseason game of the Washington Capitals is tonight! I'm delirious with excitement now that hockey season has resumed! The sun seems to shine a little brighter. I've been skipping down the streets of Arlington. I find myself humming songs in the shower. And by "humming" I mean "screaming loudly until the next door neighbors bang on the wall."

Tonight, the Caps are playing against the Chicago Blackhawks. I was getting dressed today and decided to go with a daring fashion combination consisting of jeans with a brown t-shirt (I saw a model in GQ wearing something similar). As I walked past the full length mirror in my bedroom and gave myself  a little wink and a head nod, I abruptly noticed that I had haphazardly thrown on my Chicago tee!

O.
M.
G.

I almost betrayed my own sports team by wearing apparel for the away team! And why? Just to wear some t-shirt that I bought to impress a girl?! I don't even remember her name. I think it was Michelle Obama.

Anyways, in a fit of fury I tore the shirt off and burned it. And now I'm wearing a less controversial shirt that depicts a cartoon about Israeli settlements in the West Bank. Crisis averted.

No comments: