Friday, July 9, 2010

Helping hands

There is a lumbering giant of a man in my building who always walks half a step behind me. I feel his presence constantly looming over my shoulder in hallways. His ragged breath is hot on my neck as I leave a conference room. I cringe when he gets so close that I catch a waft of his distinctive odor (smells like cats)... And he's ALWAYS that close. I feel like Mr. Close Walker wants me to walk faster, and I don't know why he won't just walk around me.

The worst part is when we reach an entrance. Since I'm half a step in front, I will start to open the door. But THEN, Mr. Close Walker will reach forward and grab the door frame... AS I AM IN THE PROCESS OF OPENING IT... and open it as well. So his hand is over my shoulder, and it's almost like he's assisting me in opening the door.

This is one of the worst violations of personal space ever. If it keeps happening, I'm going to go insane and fling myself off the Space Needle.

4 comments:

Writer said...

Connor it's not "almost like he's assisting you" in opening the door. It sounds like he is assisting you. No doubt he accurately decided your modest frame was no match for the light wooden door.

Writer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Writer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Writer said...

Every time I leave a comment, something goes wrong. :( This time it posted the same comment three times! These glitches really take the zing out of my constructive criticism of your blog entries.