Friday, August 6, 2010

Head Over Hell

I have an important personal issue that I must vent to the internet, where it is sure to attract the attention it deserves. There are some quality radio stations here in Seattle, but only a few have funny morning DJs and play good music. To be honest, there are really only two and one of them is 101.5 KPLZ.

Every morning they have a special "7 at 7" segment where the DJs build a short seven-song playlist that they broadcast at 7am. Typically, I'm already at work by that time, but maybe once a week or so I get it a little later at like 7:15.

Here's the problem: every SINGLE time I've heard this playlist, they will ALWAYS include the Tears for Fears classic hit, "Head Over Heels". This used to be a great song. If I were writing a teenager "coming-of-age" movie about growing up in the early 90s (where John Cusack plays myself), "Head Over Heels" would definitely be on the soundtrack. But it's one of those awesome songs that you can only hear once a year for it to retain that special feeling. And this DJ has ruined it! For whatever reason, he keeps throwing it into his "7 at 7" playlist every week.

I was emotionally unprepared for a previously-loved mid-80s pop song to get overplayed. I'm getting to work now with feelings of unresolved rage and anxiety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBbJ_l0Tb4

No comments: